SECRET #1: How To Guarantee Your Wedding Lives Up To Your Dreams.
Believe it or not, the wedding photographer you select to photograph your wedding can make or break your wedding day. Yes, I kid you not, your wedding day - not just your photographs! Why? Because he's THERE - with you and your family, in person - interacting with all your family and guests - and representing you every minute.
Now, HONESTLY, we're not just talking about wedding photography here - we're talking about YOUR WEDDING - how YOU FEEL on your wedding day, and how smoothly and romantically everything goes. You see, your wedding photographer determines this, by the way he helps you plan your wedding, the way he treats you and your loved ones, and the way he conducts himself throughout the day.
Amazing Secret Revealed - What Other Wedding Photographers Don't Want You To Know!
So here's the secret: Meet the photographer - IN PERSON - before you hire anyone to photograph your wedding! Most brides don't realize that many studios hire part time wedding photographers to photograph their weddings for them -a lot of the low end studios might hire high school and college kids, friends, relatives, etc. This means that you go to a studio, talk with a salesperson, look at their samples, and make a decision - without really knowing who will be photographing your wedding! And if it's not just the right person doing the photography, and interacting with all your family and guests, everything can be ruined!
So, when you're talking with a potential studio, ask them the following questions:
1. Who did these photographs you are showing me?
2. Who, by name, will be the wedding photographer of our wedding if we hire your studio?
3. We want to MEET this person, BEFORE we hire your studio.
Then, when you meet this person, ask him or her the following questions:
1. How will you dress at my wedding?
2. Did you do ALL the samples of wedding photography we saw in the sample books? If not, show us YOUR work, please.
3. How long have you been photographing weddings? Is it digital or film.
4. How long will you be at my wedding? Will the time be stipulated on the agreement.
5. Before you leave our wedding, who do you check with first to see if there's anything else we would like you to do?
6. Do you work from a checklist of photos? (You NEVER want a photographer who needs a checklist doing your wedding photography! He'll spend all his time looking at the list, and miss all the wonderful, romantic and spontaneous moments of your wedding!) Then, decide if you REALLY LIKE HIM, as well as his work! Because he's going to be spending a lot of time with you and your family and friends, on your important day. Quite a few more details need to be cover and stipulated on written agreement / contract that either the studio representative or actual photographer will sign and the bride and groom.